Transactions of the society, instituted at London, for the encouragement of arts, manufactures, and commerce [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Transactions of the society for the encouragement of arts, manufactures, and commerce
Society for the encouragement of arts, manufactures, and commerce
- London [England] : printed by James Phillips, George-Yard, Lombard Street, and sold by Messrs. Dodsley, Lockyear Davis, White, Beckett, Johnson, Cadell, Elmsley, Walter, Richardson and Urquhart, and Debrett, [1783-
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 2: New editions
69 v.,plates : diagrams ; 21 cm. (8⁰)
Vol. I (1783)-
Ceased with 1851.
- Technology -- History -- 18th century -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.
Chemistry -- History -- 18th century -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.
- Periodicals -- England -- 18th century.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Printers' and booksellers' names vary: in v. 3: Dodsley, Lockyear Davis, White, Beckett, Johnson, Cadell, Elmsley, Walter, Richardson, and Debrett; in v. 4: T. Wilkins, Aldermaubury; in v. 7 T. Spillsbury, Snow-Hill; in v.8: T. Spillsbury and son, Snow-Hill.
A price of 4 shillings appears on v. 5; this increases to 5 shillings with v.9.
Vol.2 is bound with a portrait of the society's president; other volumes include engravings of classical figures or topics related to the society.
Contains notes on the transactions and progress of the society, list of members, catalogues of machines, list of rewards for progress in agricultural machines, articles on crops, chemistry, the encouragement of improvements, diagrams of machines, and a table of contents.
A second edition was printed: 1789-<1793> (cf. T150184).
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from British Library.
- Finding Aid/Index:
- Index by subject and names
- Cited in:
- Goldsmiths' Lib. cat, 37768
English Short Title Catalog, P3191.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|