The description and use of a new portable orrery, on a most simple construction, representing in two parts-the motions, and phn̆omena of the planetary system [electronic resource] : But more particularly the motions of the earth and moon, round the sun, from whence the nature and causes of the vicissitudes of the seasons, days, and nights, solar and lunar eclipses, &c. are clearly explained. To which is prefixed, a short account of the solar system, or the true system of the world. The third edition, enlarged, with an account of the new discovered planet, called the Georgium Sidus, the return of the Comet whose appearance is shortly to be expected, and embelished with two new copper plates. By William Jones, mathematical instrument maker.
- London : Printed for and sold by John Jones, and Son, at their Shop, No. 135, near Furnival's-Inn, Holborn, M.DCC.LXXXVII. 
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 2: New editions
43,,3,p.,plates : ill. ; 8⁰.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- With two final leaves of advertisements.
Price in square brackets: (Price 1s. 6d.)
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from British Library.
- Cited in:
- English Short Title Catalog, T62585.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|