The art of painting, with the lives and characters of above 300 of the most eminent painters [electronic resource] : Containing a complete treatise of painting, designing, and the use of prints. With reflexions on the works of the most celebrated masters, and of the several schools of Europe, as well ancient as modern. Being the most perfect work of the kind extant. Translated from the French of Monsieur de Piles. To which is added, an essay towards an English school.
- Standardized Title:
- Abrégé de la vie des peintres. English
- The third edition: in which is now first inserted the life of Sir Godfrey Kneller, by the Late B. Buckeridge, Esq; who wrote the greatest part of the English school.
- London : Printed for Thomas Payne, in Castle-Street, next the Mews-Gate, near Charing-Cross, [1750?]
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 2: New editions
,421,426-439,p. ; 8⁰.
- Painting -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Titlepage in red and black.
Text and register are continuous.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from British Library.
- Cited in:
- English Short Title Catalog, T71752.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|