A Pocket companion for Oxford [electronic resource] : Or, Guide through the University. Containing an accurate description of the public edifices, the buildings in each of the colleges; the gardens, statues, busts, pictures; the hieroglyphics at Magdalen College, and all other curiosities in the University. With an historical account of the foundation of the colleges, their history, and present state. With lists of the chancellors, high-stewards, vice-chancellors, proctors, heads of colleges, professors, lecturers, &c. Adorned with a plan and other copper-plates. To which are added, correct descriptions of the buildings, the tapestry, paintings, sculptures, temples, gardens, and all other curiosities at Blenheim, Ditchley, and Stow, the seats of His Grace the Duke of Marlborough, the Right Honourable the Earl of Litchfield, the Right Honourable the Earl Temple, and other considerable houses in the neighbourhood.
- A new edition, corrected and much enlarged.
- Oxford : Printed for Daniel Prince, near the Clarendon Printing House; John Rivington, in St. Paul's Church-Yard, and R. Baldwin, in Pater-noster-Row, London, 1770.
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 2: New editions
iv,132p.,plates : map ; 8⁰.
- Oxford (England) -- Guidebooks.
- Place of Publication:
- Great Britain England Oxford.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from Library of Congress.
- Cited in:
- English Short Title Catalog, T172871.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|