The young man's companion: or, Arithmetick made easie [electronic resource] : With plain directions for a young man to attain to read and write true English, and short-hand. Likewise, easy rules for the measuring of board and timber, by the carpenter's plain-rule, and by fractions; with tables for such as have not learned arithmetick: and to compute the charge of building a house, or any part thereof. Also directions for measuring and plotting ... land, by Gunter's chain; and taking heights and distances by the quadrant, and triangle. The use of Gunter's line in measuring globes, bullets, walls, cones, spire-steeples, and barrels: with the art of dialling, and colouring w... within and without doors. Directions for dying stuffs: and the seven liberal arts explain'd. Together with a map of the globe of the earth and water, and Copernicus's description of the visible world. Also a map of England, and to know which are cities, and their distance from London. Choice monthly observations for gardening, planting, grafting, innoculating fruit-trees, and the best time to prune them; and the making wine of fruit: with experienced medicines for the poor. Inditing of letters to friends; and making bills, bonds, wills, and some other forms of law. Copies in verse, for a writing-school. Written by W. Mather, in a plain and easie stile, that a young man may attain the same without a tutor.
- The ninth edition: with many additions.
- London : printed for S. Clark, the corner of Exchange-Alley, next Birchin-Lane, 1714.
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 2: New editions
,467,p.,plates,tables : ill.,map ; 12⁰.
- Handbooks, vade-mecums, etc.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from Cambridge University Library.
- Cited in:
- Alston, III.184
English Short Title Catalog, T177832.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|