The New bath guide; or, Useful pocket companion for all persons residing at or resorting to this antient city. [electronic resource] : Giving an account of the first discovery of its medical waters by King Bladud; nature and efficacy of the warm baths and sudatories, with the rule and prices of bathing and pumping. The virtues of the bath waters used internally and externally. Lists of the medical faculty, artists, attornies, inns and taverns, lodging-houses, boarding ditto, price of lodgings, charimen's fares, machines, &c. waggons, carriers, post, &c. Institution and present state of the general hospital; description of the assembly-rooms, public charities, churches, chapels, and other edisices. The principal roads to different parts of the kingdom: with a description of the city of Bristol, and the hotwells; monuments of antiquity, and gentlemen's seats in the environs of Bath. Directions for passing the Severn into Wales; and many other particulars worthy observation. (The whole embellished with six copper-plate engravings, viz. portraits of both masters of the ceremonies, plan of the city, elevation of the town-hall, view of the crescent, and portrait of Richard Nash, Esq.) to which is added, the life, character, &c. of Richard Nash, Esq; who presided over the amusements of this city upwards of fifty years.
- A new edition, improved and much enlarged.
- Bath : Printed by R. Cruttwell, for W. Taylor, bookseller, in Church-street, Kingston-Buildings. Sold also by all the booksellers in Bath and Bristol; and R. Baldwin, Booksellers, in Pater-noster-row, London, 1786.
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 2: New editions
79,p.,plates : ill.,map,ports. ; 8⁰.
- Bath (England) -- Guidebooks.
- Place of Publication:
- Great Britain England Bath.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Price in square brackets: Price 1s.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from National Library of Ireland.
- Cited in:
- English Short Title Catalog, T206353.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|