The British theatre, in ten volumes. [electronic resource] : Consisting of the best tragedies and comedies. Collected from the most celebrated authors. Volume I. Containing, Hamlet. Orphan. Oroonoko. Jane Shore.
- London : Printed for W. Feales, at Rowe's-Head, over-against St. Clement's Church in the Strand, M.DCC.XXXVI. 
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 2: New editions
10v.,plates : ill. ; 12⁰.
- English drama (Comedy) -- 18th century.
English drama (Tragedy) -- 18th century.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Each volume contains a volume titlepage in red and black (vol. 1 also having a general titlepage), plays with various imprints and with separate titlepages in red and black, pagination and register; all are dated 1735, except where stated: vol. 1: 'Hamlet', 1736; 'The orphan' 'Oroonoko'; 'The tragedy of Jane Shore', 1736; vol. 2: 'The mourning bride'; 'Othello', 1736; 'Venice preserv'd'; 'The revenge'; vol. 3: 'The fair penitent'; 'Macbeth', 1736; 'Theodosius'; 'The fatal marriage'; vol. 4: 'Cato'; 'The history of Timon of Athens', 1736; 'The unhappy favourites'; 'Eurydice', new ed.; vol. 5: 'The distrest mother'; 'Tamerlane'; 'Virtue betray'd', 5th ed.; 'The London merchant', 6th ed.; vol. 6: 'The provok'd husband'; 'The rehearsal', 13th ed.; 'Sir Courtly Nice'; 'The busie body', 5th ed., 1736; vol. 7: 'Love for love'; 'The relapse'; 'She wou'd, and she wou'd not', 4th ed., 1736; 'The constant couple', 6th ed.; vol. 8: 'The careless husband'; 'The provok'd wife'; 'Love makes a man'; 'The pl
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from British Library.
- Cited in:
- English Short Title Catalog, T226048.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|