A new illustration of the sexual system of Linnæus [electronic resource] : By Robert John Thornton, M.D. late of Trinity College, Cambridge. Physician to the general dispensary: Fellow of the London Medical Society, lecturer on medical botany at Guy's Hospital; author of Medical extracts on the nature of health and Letters to Dr. Beddoes on the application and theory of pneumatic medicine.
- Standardized Title:
- New illustration of the sexual system of Carolus von Linnaeus
- London : printed for the author by T. Bensley, 1799.
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 2: New editions
2v.,plates : ports. ; 2⁰.
- Botany -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Another version of Robert John Thorntons̀ 'New illustration of the sexual system of Carolus von Linnaeus'.
Half-title, engraved, of vol. 1: 'The philosophy of botany', and the half-title of vol. 2: 'Book second. A botanical and philosophical enquiry respecting roots'.
Titlepage of vol. 2 reads: 'The genera of exotic and indigenous plants'.
The titlepages to both volumes are engraved as well as one of the two dedication leaves in vol. 1.
"The work was advertised in 1797, and seems to have been issued in parts at twenty-five shillings each between 1799 and 1807. In its best state it is a very splendid work, .. but its bibliography is very difficult, hardly two copies being alike" (DNB).
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from National Library of Scotland.
- Cited in:
- English Short Title Catalog, T226335.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|