This day is published, in a large handsome quarto volume, elegantly printed on fine vellum paper, price, in boards, 5l. with the prints coloured, or 3l. 3s. plain, a new work, entitled, Eccentric excursions through England and Wales. [electronic resource] : Containing all that is worthy the observation of a characteristic traveller, in a variety of cities, towns and villages in England and Wales. Comprising also a description of the inhabitants of each county, with an account of their various dresses, customs, manners, amusements, humours, habits, opinions, follies, &c. &c. Interspersed with curious anecdotes, epitaphs, &c. Embellished with upwards of one hundered humorous prints. By G.M. Woodward.
- London : Printed and published by M. Allen, No. 15, Paternoster-Row, and sold by all other booksellers in Great Britain and Ireland, 
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 2: New editions
p. ; 1/8⁰.
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 18th century.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- An advertisement for George Moutard Woodward's 'Eccentric excursions in England and Wales, with one hundred sketches of character and country ...'.
Dated at head: May 30, 1798.
After the imprint of the "titlepage" comes the 'Character of the work'
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from Cambridge University Library.
- Cited in:
- English Short Title Catalog, T232296.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|