Androboros [electronic resource] : A bographical [sic] farce in three acts, viz. The senate, the consistory, and the apotheosis.
- Printed at Monoropolis [i.e., New York : by William Bradford], since August, 1714.
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 2: New editions
,27,p. ; 4⁰.
- Nicholson, Francis, 1655-1728 -- Humor.
Vesey, William, 1674-1746 -- Humor.
New York (State) -- Politics and government -- To 1775 -- Anecdotes.
- Plays -- 1714.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York New York.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- The Huntington Library copy is signed in manuscript: By Governour Hunter.
Ascribed to the press of William Bradford by Evans.
"This is the first printed American play. The two persons ridiculed were political enemies of Governor Hunter--Colonel Francis Nicholson and Dr. William Vesey, Rector of Trinity Church, New York."--Hill.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from Bodleian Library (Oxford).
- Cited in:
- Evans, 1681
Hill, F. P. Amer. plays, 138
English Short Title Catalog, W13153.
- Bradford, William, 1663-1752, printer.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|