The instructor: or, American young man's best companion. [electronic resource] : Containing, spelling, reading, writing, and arithmetick, in an easier way than any yet published; and how to qualify any person for business, without the help of a master. Instructions to write variety of hands ... How to write letters on business or friendship. Forms of deeds ... releases, &c. Also, merchants accounts, and a short and easy method of shop and bookkeeping ... Together with the method of measuring carpenters ... and painters work ... Likewise, the practical gauger, made easy .. and some genera observations for gardening every month in the year. To which is added, the family's best companion ... and a compendium of the sciences of geography and astronomy ... Also, several very useful tables. By George Fisher, accomptant.
- Standardized Title:
- Printed at Walpole, Newhampshire : by Isaiah Thomas and David Carlisle, for said Thomas, in Worcester, Massachusetts; said Thomas, and Andrews, D. West and E. Larkin, Jun. in Boston, MDCCXCIV. 
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 2: New editions
xii,,14-384p., 4,leaves of plates (1folded) : ill. ; 12⁰.
- Business mathematics.
Handbooks, vade-mecums, etc.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New Hampshire Walpole.
United States Massachusetts Boston.
United States Massachusetts Worcester.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Erroneously attributed to Ann Fisher Slack in Halkett & Laing.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from Library of Congress.
- Cited in:
- Evans, 27706
English Short Title Catalog, W23165.
- Fisher, A. (Anne), 1719?-1778. , Author
Fisher, A. (Anne), 1719?-1778.
Carlisle, David, 1771-1835, printer.
Thomas, Isaiah, 1749-1831, printer.
Andrews, Ebenezer Turrell, 1766-1851, bookseller.
West, David, 1765-1810, bookseller.
Larkin, Ebenezer, 1769?-1813, bookseller.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|