The forerunners : Black poets in America / edited by Woodie King, Jr. ; with an Introdudction by Addison Gayle, Jr. and a preface by Dudley Randall.
- Washington, D. C. : Howard University Press, 1975.
xxix, , 127,  pages ; 22 cm
- American poetry -- African American authors.
American poetry -- 20th century
African Americans -- Poetry.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Washington (D. C.)
- Samuel Allen.
Sterling A. Brown.
Frank Marshall Davis.
Oliver La Grone.
Naomi Long Madgett.
- "Jacket Design by Carol Basen."
"The poems contained here are not only those written during the forties and fifties, but include some more recent ones ..."Preface.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gayle, Addison, Jr., 1932-1991, writer of introduction.
Randall, Dudley, 1914-2000, writer of preface.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|