The responsibilities of the novelist, and other literary essays, by Frank Norris.
- Other records:
- New York, Doubleday, Page & Company, 1903.
3 p. leaves, 311 p. front. (port.) 21 cm.
Fiction -- History and criticism.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- The responsibiities of the novelist.
The true reward of the novelist.
The novel with a "purpose".
Story-tellers vs. novelists.
The need of a literary conscience.
A neglected epic.
The frontier gone at last.
The great American novelist.
New York as a literary centre.
The American public and "popular" fiction.
Child stories for adults.
Newspaper criticisms and American fiction.
Novelists to order
while you wait.
The "nature" revival in literature.
The mechanics of fiction.
Fiction writing as a business.
The "volunteer manuscript".
Retail bookseller: literary dictator.
An American school of fiction?
Novelists of the future.
A plea for romantic fiction.
A problem in fiction.
Why women should write the best novels.
Simplicity in art.
Salt and sincerity.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 305-311).
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has bookplate of B. George Ulizio.
Culture Class Collection copy has stamp of Library of Congress dated Sept. 21, 1903.
- Penn Provenance:
- Ulizio. B. George (bookplate)
Library of Congress (stamp)
- Penn Chronology:
- Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|