A shuttle in the crypt. Wole Soyinka.
- First American edition
- New York, Hill and Wang, a division of Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 1972.
viii, , 89,  pages 22 cm.
- Nigeria -- Poetry.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Phases of Peril
Chimes of Silence
Poems of bread and earth
- "First American edition 1972."
"Cover design by Alice Brickner."
"Except for two or three poems in the section 'Poems of bread and earth' this volume consists of poems written in gaol in spite of the deprivation of reading and writing material in nearly two years of solitary confinement. It is a map of the course trodden by the mind, not a record of the actual struggle against a vegetable existence - that belongsin another place."--Preface.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 2 has dustjacket retained.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 2 is second printing, 1987.
Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy is paperback edition.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2)
Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Soyinka, Wole. Shuttle in the crypt.
0809013649 (pbk.) :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|