Children of the storm: black children and American child welfare Andrew Billingsley, Howard University, Jeanne M. Giovannoni, University of California, Los Angeles.
- New York, Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, Inc., 
xvii, , 263,  pages illustrations 22 cm
- Child welfare -- United States.
Social work with African American children.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Black Children and White Child Welfare
Part One. The Development of Child Welfare in America. Black Alternatives After the Civil War. Child Welfare in the Twentieth Century
Part Two. Early Efforts for Change Within Child Welfare, 1937-1944. Black Efforts for Black Children, 1953-1959. Extending Adoptive Services to Black Children, 1960-1970
Part Three. Patterns of Organizational Reform in Child Welfare. Beyond Placement: Social Policy and the Welfare of Black Children.
- "Cover Photograph by Maury Englander for the Children's Aid Society, New York."
Includes bibliographical references (pages 253-256) and index.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Giovannoni, Jeanne M., author.
Dymally, Mervyn M., 1926-2012, writer of foreword.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|