Exercitium signoru[m] sacerdotaliu[m], seu, Ars memoratiua sacerdotu[m] siue rationale pro co[n]digna o[per]atione, or[ati]one, celebratione et [con]templatione : contra leuitate[m], tediu[m], tristitia[m], indeuotione[m], q[ue] no[n] nisi ex incuria signoru[m] sunt declarabit[ur], vt [per] lume[n] in intellectu fiet ardor in affectu, vt ipsi sacerdotes iustu[m] iuste [per]petuo exequant et intelligant vniuersa q[ue] faciu[n]t et geru[n]t.
- Other Title:
- Exercitium signoru[m] sacerdotaliu[m]
Ars memoratiua sacerdotu[m] siue rationale pro co[n]digna o[per]atione, or[ati]one, celebratione et [con]templatione
Ars memorativa sacerdotum sive rationale pro condigna operatione, oratione, celebratione et contemplatione
At head of title: Aue Maria gratia plena : Veni Sancte Spiritu reple tuorum corda
- [Cologne : Heinrich von Neuss, 1514]
lxxiiij,  leaves ; 14 cm. (8vo)
- r*ra umge nedi siex (3) 1514 (R)
- Catholic Church -- Clergy -- Religious life -- Early works to 1800.
- Manuscript waste (Binding)
Printed waste (Binding)
- Place of Publication:
- Germany Cologne.
- Printer's name supplied from VD 16; place and date of printing from colophon on leaf S4v, which reads: Anno d[omi]ni. M.cccccxiiij. circiter gymnasium: vel vt vulgo placet bursam Kuck impressus in felici Colonia finit feliciter.
Signatures: A⁸ B-S⁴.
Initial spaces, most with guide letters.
- Local notes:
- Penn Libraries copy has dated 16th-century ms. ownership inscription ("Sum Joannis Klingenbergij Vicar[ii?] S. Ma[...] collegiat[e] eccl[esi]e Vorm. ao. 150 quarto [Kalendas] Ianuarij.") of Joannes Klingenbergius, vicar of the collegiate church of St. Martin in Worms, Germany, at head of title leaf. The word "Kalendas" is written in Greek characters; the last word of the first line ("Ma[...]") has been partially excised.
Penn Libraries copy has dated 16th-century ms. gift inscription ("Dono datum est mihi à Venerabili nec no[n] erudito d[omi]no Joanne Leyss Vicar[io?] eccl[esi]e collegiat[e] S. Martin: Vorm[atie] anno post virgineu[m] partu[m] sesqui millesimo quadragesimo  [Kalendas] Ianuarij") recording the gift of this volume from Joannes Leyss, vicar of the collegiate church of St. Martin in Worms, Germany, on 29 December 1540 at foot of leaf S4v. The word "Kalendas" is written in Greek characters.
Penn Libraries copy has initials supplied by a reader in red on leaf E2r and in brown on leaf G4v; printed initials hand-colored by a reader in red on leaves A1v, A2r, H3v, H4v, K4v, and L1r and in brown on leaf E1r
Penn Libraries copy has some early ms. underlines, marginal notes and manicules in brown ink; a few ms. underlines in red on leaves G4v, H1r and K4v; a few capital strokes supplied in red on leaves G4v and H1r; two lines text at foot of leaf S4v outlined in brown.
Penn Libraries copy disbound; portions of early printed Latin leaves from a logic text used as binder's waste; portions of 2 early Latin cursive ms. leaves, 1 containing a transcription of a passage from the Summa Theologiae of Thomas Aquinas (III.44.2), used as binder's waste.
Penn Libraries copy: gathering O bound in out of order before gathering N; modern ms. note ("Sign. N folgt nach O") in pencil at foot of leaf O4r
Penn Libraries copy: fore-edge margin of title leaf excised and replaced with a blank leaf.
- Penn Provenance:
- Klingenbergius, Joannes (former owner) (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Leyss, Joannes (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- VD 16 ZV14444
- Heinrich von Neuss, d. 1522?, printer.
Early Printed Binding Waste Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
German Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|