Sequentie de tempore & sanctis per totum annum.
- Impressum Argentinae : Per Iohannem Knoblouch ..., Anno D[omi]ni MDXVI 
, XXV,  leaves ; 21 cm. (4to)
- c.n- e.an enis toTu (3) 1516 (R)
- Sequences (Liturgy) -- Early works to 1800.
Catholic Church -- Liturgy -- Texts -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- France Strasbourg.
- Imprint date from title leaf; place of printing and printer's name from colophon on leaf e5v, which reads: Impressum Argentinae per Iohannem Knoblouch. Anno domini. M.D.XVI. XVII. die Iulij.
Signatures: a-d⁴/⁸ e⁶.
Leaf e6 is blank.
Title within historiated woodcut border by Hans Baldung Grien (signed in lower right corner with his monogram: IGB) featuring St. John the Evangelist, seated beneath a tree and accompanied by an eagle, writing in a book on his lap with another book (decorated with five bosses and a clasp) at his feet; across from him upon a crescent moon stands a crowned Virgin Mary with Child Jesus.
Floriated woodcut initials on criblé grounds.
"De sequentijs" signed beside caption title: I.W. [i.e. Jakob Wimpheling?].
- Local notes:
- Purchased for the Penn Libraries in 1953.
Penn Libraries copy has metal finding tab affixed to fore-edge of leaf e6; evidence of finding tab on fore-edge of title leaf.
Penn Libraries copy has ms. numerals ("0" and "2") at head of title leaf; ms. numeral ("67") in pencil in fore-edge margin of title leaf.
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Schmidt, C. Répertoire bibliographique strasbourgeois, VII, no. 118
- Wimpheling, Jakob, 1450-1528.
Baldung, Hans, d. 1545.
Knobloch, Johann, d. 1528, printer.
German Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|