Dialogus, Bulla / T. Curtio Malaciola, Equit. Burlassio, authore.
- [Wittenberg : Melchior Lotter, 1520]
 p. ; 20 cm. (4to)
- tui- amra L.ni umn- (C) 1520 (Q)
- Catholic Church. Pope (1513-1521 : Leo X). Exsurge Domine.
Catholic Church -- Controversial literature -- Early works to 1800.
- Printed waste (Binding) -- Germany -- Nuremberg -- 15th century.
- Place of Publication:
- Germany Wittenberg.
- Typographus lectori veritatis amico
Dialogus, T. Curtii Malaciolae, cui titulus Bulla : interloquutores Germanus, Bulla
Dialogus cui titulus Iniustitia : interloquutores, Pasquillus, Mercurius / ex Christiana pietate P. Rubinus regis stratiotarum a secretis faciebat.
- Statement of responsibility is a pseudonym. The work has been attributed to Ulrich von Hutten, but modern scholars now think Johannes Caesarius was the author.
Imprint information supplied from VD 16. Imprint at foot of title leaf and colophon on leaf A3r are fictitious. Title leaf has: "Excusum, Impensis & opera Iohannis Coticulae." Colophon reads: "Callyrius Trulla, apud Burlassiam Cataduppae regis Stratiotarum Metropolim, Excudebat."
- Local notes:
- Purchased for the Penn Libraries in 1952.
Penn Libraries copy bound in a printed leaf, probably from an incunable German translation of the Vulgate printed by Anton Koberger in Nuremberg on 17 February 1483 (ISTC ib00632000; f. CLXXXII, recto visible, containing IV Kings 21:7-22:9, printed in double columns with initial space at the beginning of chapter 22; initial, paragraph mark and capital strokes supplied in red); modern paper label ("Hutten Dial. Bulla") on spine. Cf. GC5 A100 541a.
Penn Libraries copy has name of supposed author ("Hutten") in modern ms. in pencil at head of title leaf.
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- VD 16 M383
Kat. der Sammlung Stickelberger 107
- Hutten, Ulrich von, 1488-1523.
Lotter, Melchior, b. ca. 1490, printer.
Early Printed Binding Waste Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
German Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|