The mind's eye / Oliver Sacks.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Alfred A. Knopf, 2010.
xii, 263 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Communicative disorders -- Popular works.
Cognition disorders -- Popular works.
Face perception -- Popular works.
Perception -- Popular works.
Neurology -- Anecdotes.
- Medical subjects:
- Neurology -- Popular Works.
Communication Disorders -- Popular Works.
Perceptual Disorders -- Popular Works.
Visual Perception -- Popular Works.
- Includes stories of people who are able to navigate the world and communicate with others despite losing what many of us consider indispensable senses and faculties: the power of speech, the capacity to recognize faces, the sense of three-dimensional space, the ability to read, and the sense of sight. This book is a testament to the complexity of vision and the brain and to the power of creativity and adaptation, and it provides a whole new perspective on the power of language and communication, as we try to imagine what it is to perceive through another person's eyes, or another person's mind.
- Sight reading
Recalled to life
A man of letters
Persistence of vision: a journal
The mind's eye.
- "A Borzoi book" -- T.p. verso.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -252) and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|