Food in the American military : a history / John C. Fisher and Carol Fisher.
- Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland & Co., c2011.
vii, 283 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Operational rations (Military supplies) -- United States -- History.
Cooking for military personnel -- United States -- History.
- "This book describes the historical development of rations used by America's military from the Revolutionary War to the present, recounting challenges and opportunities faced by war planners in obtaining and transporting food to soldiers, sailors, and marines. It discusses ration research and development, the evolution of food personnel training, and various methods of food storage, preparation, and distribution"--Provided by publisher.
- Meals for the Revolutionary War
War of 1812 food
Post-war of 1812 and Mexican War military subsistence
Civil War bill of fare
Army food during the westward expansion
Military food for a world power
Military subsistence "over there"
Provisions for World War II
The modern military menu
And then there was POW food"
Appendix: military recipes.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Fisher, Carol, 1947-
- 9780786434176 (softcover : alk. paper)
0786434171 (softcover : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|