The poetics of repetition in English and Chinese lyric poetry / Cecile Chu-chin Sun.
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2011.
xvi, 283 p. ; 24 cm.
- English poetry -- History and criticism.
Chinese poetry -- History and criticism.
Lyric poetry -- History and criticism.
Repetition in literature.
- Prologue: setting repetition in its larger cultural context
Repetition as the common basis for comparison
The overt mode of repetition: sound
The covert mode of repetition: sense
Mimesis and xing
Epilogue: the telos of poetic repetition.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9780226780207 (cloth : alk. paper)
0226780201 (cloth : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|