Bambi [videorecording] / Walt Disney Pictures ; Walt Disney presents ; supervising director, David D. Hand ; story direction, Perce Pearce ; story adaptation, Larry Morey ; directed by David Hand.
- Other Title:
- Title on disc label and container: Walt Disney's Bambi [videorecording]
- Platinum ed. ; 2-disc special ed.
- Burbank, CA : The Walt Disney Company : Distributed by Buena Vista Home Entertainment, 
- Disney DVD
2 videodiscs (70 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 insert (1 folded sheet ( p.) : ill. ; 19 cm.).
- Salten, Felix, 1869-1945 -- Film adaptations.
Bambi (Fictitious character) -- Drama.
Deer -- Drama.
Orphans -- Drama.
Friendship -- Drama.
Forest animals -- Drama.
Hunters -- Drama.
Forest fires -- Drama.
- Animated films.
Action and adventure films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English, dubbed French or dubbed Spanish.
- System Details:
- DVD; Region 1 NTSC; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound, optional THX sound with optimization, restored original mono.; presentation preserving aspect ratio of the original theatrical exhibition 1.33:1.
- Hailed as the Prince of the Forest at his birth, wobble-legged Bambi the faun lives deep in the woodland with his mother. His early faunhood is filled with friends--Thumper, a jovial rabbit who says all the wrong things; Flower, a skunk with an inferiority complex; and Friend Owl, misanthrope of the treetops. As he grows, fun-and-games give way to the hardship of winter and the most terrifying, ever-looming threat to survival--man. When the hunters come, Bambi must learn to be as brave as his father The Great Prince, and lead the other deer to safety.
- Disc 1. Feature film "Love is a Song"
New day begins
Bambi's first walk
Bambi makes another new friend
"Little April Shower"
Bambi's first visit to the meadow
Great prince of the forest
Man is in the forest
Bambi on the ice
Looking for Mother
"Let's Sing a Gay Little Spring Song"
Romance finds Bambi
"I Bring You a Song"
Man returns to the forest
Another new birth (1942) ( min.); Special features: Bambi: Inside Walt's story meetings (70 min.); Sneak peeks (10 min.); Disc 2 preview (1 min.).
Disc 2: Special features: Deleted scenes (4 min.); Games & activities [interactive features]: The Forest Adventure; DisneyPedia: Bambi's forest friends; What's your season?: Personality profile; Disney's storytime: Thumper goes exploring; Virtual forest; Featurettes: The making-of "Bambi": A prince is born (53 min.); Restoring "Bambi" (6 min.); The legacy continues: A sneak peak at the all-new Bambi movie (5 min.); Disney time capsule: 1942: the year of "Bambi" (5 min.); The art of "Bambi" [slide shows]; Tricks of the trade [excerpt] (7 min.); Inside the Disney archives (9 min.); The old mill [animated short] (1937) (8 min.); Original theatrical trailer (1942) (2 min.).
- Voices: Hardie Albright, Tim Davis, Sam Edwards, Bobette Audrey, Thelma Boardman, Stan Alexander, Donnie Dunagan, Sterling Holloway, John Sutherland, Paul Winslowe, Cammie King, Ann Gillis, Thelma Hubbard, Mary Lansing, Fred Shields, Will Wright [from the Internet Movie Database].
- Music by Frank Churchill, Edward Plumb ; conducted by Alexander Steinert ; choral arrangements by Charles Henderson ; story development, George Stallings, Melvin Shaw, Carl Fallberg, Chuck Couch, Ralph Wright ; art direction, Thomas H. Codrick ... [et al.] ; backgrounds, Merle T. Cox, Tyrus Wong, W. Richard Anthony ... [et al.] ; supervising animators, Franklin Thomas, Milton Kahl, Eric Larson, Oliver M. Johnston Jr.
- From the story by Felix Salten.
Originally produced as an American motion picture in 1942.
1.33:1 aspect ratio.
Golden Globes, USA, 1948: Special Award (Walt Disney)
- Hand, David, 1900-1986. , Director
Pearce, Perce. , Screenwriter
Morey, Larry, 1905-1971 , Adapter
Albright, Hardie. , Actor
Davis, Tim. , Actor
Audrey, Bobette. , Actor
Boardman, Thelma, 1909-1978. , Actor
Alexander, Stan. , Actor
Dunagan, Donnie. , Actor
Edwards, Sam. , Actor
Thomas, Frank, 1912-2004. , Animator
Kahl, Milt, 1909-1987. , Animator
Larson, Eric. , Animator
Johnston, Ollie, 1912-2008. , Animator
Salten, Felix, 1869-1945. , Author
Plumb, Edward. , Composer
Churchill, Frank, 1901-1942. , Composer
Walt Disney Pictures. , Producer
Walt Disney Productions. , Producer
Buena Vista Home Entertainment (Firm). , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
36344 Walt Disney Home Entertainment
J4756 Buena Vista Home Entertainment (Disc 1)
J4757 Buena Vista Home Entertainment (Disc 2)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|