Students of color in STEM / Shaun R. Harper, Christopher B. Newman, editors.
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, c2010.
- New directions for institutional research; no. 148.
New directions for institutional research
115 p. ; 23 cm.
- Minorities -- Education (Higher) -- United States.
Minority college students -- Education (Higher) -- United States.
- 1. Improving the rate of success for underrepresented racial minorities in STEM fields: insights from a national project / Sylvia Hurtado, Christopher Newman, Minh C. Tran, Micthell J. Chang
2. High-performing institutions and their implications for studying underepresented minority students in STEM / Samuel D. Museus, Deborah Liverman
3. Charting the pathways to STEM for Latina/o students: the role of community colleges / Lindsey E. Malcom
4. Identifying strategies for increasing degree attainment in STEM: lessons from minority-serving institutions / Laura W. Perna, Marybeth Gasman, Shannon Gar, Valerie Lundy-Wagner, Noah D. Drezner
5. Identifying comprehensive public institutions that develop minority scientsts / Steven M. Hubbard, Frances K. Stage
6. An anti-deficit achievement framework for research on students of color in STEM / Shaun R. Harper
7. Lessons from high-achieving students of color in physics / Sharon L. Fries-Britt, Toyia K. Younger, Wendell D. Hall
8. Undergraduate research participation and STEM graduate degree aspirations among students of color / Terrell L. Strayhorn
9. Investing in the future: the importance of faculty mentoring in the development of students of color in STEM / Kimberly A. Griffin, David Pérez II, Annie P.E. Holmes, Claude E.P. Mayo
Epilogue: an undergraduate student of color on the study of sucess in STEM / Bobby R. Williams.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Harper, Shaun R., 1975-
Newman, Christopher B.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|