Voices of the Sierra Tarahumara [videorecording] / written and directed by Robert Brewster, Felix Arthur Gehm ; producers, Robert Brewster, Felix Arthur Gehm ; co-producers, John Ruebartsch, Octavio Gasca.
- [S.l.] : Sierra Tarahumara Project ; Berkeley, CA : Berkeley Media, c2001.
1 videodisc (51 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Tarahumara Mountains (Mexico) -- Social conditions.
Tarahumara Indians -- Social conditions.
Violence -- Mexico -- Tarahumara Mountains.
Drug traffic -- Mexico -- Tarahumara Mountains.
Offenses against the environment -- Mexico -- Tarahumara Mountains.
Deforestation -- Mexico -- Tarahumara Mountains.
- Documentary films.
- Narration in English ; some Spanish with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- "In the face of grave political and environmental danger, the Tarahumara Indians of northern Mexico are surviving the worst of human rights violations. The drug cartels of central Mexico have illegally taken over the Tarahumara aboriginal land, deforested without permission, planted massive quantities of marijuana and opium, and enslaved the people to cultivate the drug fields. Many Indians have been murdered, and survivors live in absolute terror"--Hollywood.com.
- Narrator, Peter Coyote.
- Camera, Robert Brewster ; editors, Robert Brewster, Felix Gehm ; original music, John Deborde.
- The DVD is actually 51 minutes despite the 60 minutes total running time on disc.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Hazel M. Hussong Fund.
- Brewster, Robert. , Director, Producer, Screenwriter, Cinematographer, Editor
Gehm, Felix Arthur. , Director, Producer, Screenwriter, Editor
Ruebartsch, John. , Producer
Gasca, Octavio. , Producer
Coyote, Peter. , Narrator
DeBorde, John. , Composer
Sierra Tarahumara Project. , Producer, Distributor
Berkeley Media. , Producer, Distributor
Hazel M. Hussong Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|