Multiparameter eigenvalue problems : Sturm-Liouville theory / F.V. Atkinson, Angelo B. Mingarelli.
- Baca Raton, FL : CRC Press, c2011.
xvii, 283 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Sturm-Liouville equation.
- "With special attention to the Sturm-Liouville theory, this book discusses the full multiparameter theory as applied to second-order linear equations. It considers the spectral theory of these multiparameter problems in detail for both the regular and singular cases. The text covers eignencurves, the essential spectrum, eigenfunctions, oscillation theorems, the distribution of eigencurves, the limit point, limit circle theory, and more. This text is the culmination of more than two decades of research by F.V. Atkinson, one of the masters in the field, and his successors, who continued his work after he passed away in 2002"-- Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Thea Marie Garfield Fund.
- Mingarelli, Angelo B. (Angelo Bernardo), 1952-
Thea Marie Garfield Fund.
- 9781439816226 (hardback)
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|