The first Europeans. 2nd part, from -20,000 to -2500 [videorecording] / INA, ARTE, YLE TV1 present ; a film directed by Axel Clévenot.
- Other Title:
- Title on container: First Europeans. From hunters to farmers [videorecording]
From hunters to farmers [videorecording]
Released in French under title: Premiers Européens [videorecording]
- [Widescreen format].
- Princeton, NJ : Films for the Humanities & Sciences, c2010.
1 videodisc (54 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Prehistoric peoples -- Europe.
Prehistoric peoples -- Middle East.
Paleolithic period -- Europe.
Antiquities, Prehistoric -- Europe.
Antiquities, Prehistoric -- Middle East.
Tools, Prehistoric -- Europe.
Human beings -- Migrations.
- Documentary films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English; "portions are in other languages with English subtitles."
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1.
- "With the disappearance of the Neanderthal species some 25,000 years ago, Homo sapiens reigned supreme across Eurasia--but the human family was still dramatically in flux. This film depicts the cultural adaptations and far-flung migrations that continued to shape European societies from the end of the Ice Age through the development of agriculture to the invention of writing. Viewers learn about the major role of Middle Eastern diasporas in the settlement of Greece, Italy, Spain, and central Europe; the domestication of animals and grain plants; the increase in social division and conflict as demonstrated in early weapons, defensive walls, and burial objects; and more."--Films Media Group website
- Narrator, Féodor Atkine.
- Camera, Michel Bort ... [et al.]; editor, Jean-Pierre Pruilh; music, Guillaume Solignat; scientific director, Evelyne Heyer.
- Videodisc release of the documentary motion picture produced in 2010.
Aspect ratio 16:9.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the John G. Hartman Memorial Library Fund.
- Clévenot, Axel. , Director
Heyer, Evelyne. , Consultant
Atkine, Feodor. , Narrator
Solignat, Guillaume. , Composer
Institut national de l'audiovisuel (France) , Producer
Association relative à la télévision européenne. , Producer
YLE TV 1 (Television station : Helsinki, Finland) , Producer
Films for the Humanities & Sciences (Firm) , Distributor
John G. Hartman Memorial Library Fund.
- Publisher Number:
- 39251 Films for the Humanities & Sciences
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|