Tribal wives. Turkey [videorecording] / produced and directed by Alicia Arce ; a Diverse Bristol production in association with Goldhawk Media ; for BBC.
- [Widescreen presentation].
- New York, NY : Films for the Humanities & Sciences ; [London] : BBC, c2010.
1 videodisc (59 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Yuruks (Turkic people) -- Social life and customs.
Yoruk women -- Social conditions.
Yoruk women -- Social life and customs.
- Documentary television programs.
Ethnographic television programs.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English and Turkish with subtitles in English.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, all regions.
- "Twenty-three year old Charlie Brades has agreed to spend a month among the Yoruk--nomadic shepherds who live in the mountains of southern Turkey. This program follows the spirited Londoner as she adapts to life in a polygamous family and a remote, back-to-basics environment. Although Charlie's youth was far from carefree, she is wholly unprepared for the rough work, the communal sleeping arrangements, and especially the subservient female role that her new surroundings require. Her Western notions of independence are continually put to the test as she and her hosts exchange views on clothes, domestic duties, marriage, and other culturally loaded topics."--Container.
- Narrator, Paul McGann.
- Camera, Richard Maxwell; editor, Adam Coates; music, Paul Pritchard; research Aysegul Efe; translator, Ilhan Varlik.
- Videodisc release of the documentary television program originally broadcast in 2009.
Aspect ratio 16:9.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the John G. Hartman Memorial Library Fund.
- Arce, Alicia. , Director, Producer
Brades, Charlie. , Host
McGann, Paul. , Narrator
Efe, Aysegul. , Researcher
Pritchard, Paul. , Composer
Diverse Bristol, Ltd. , Producer
Goldhawk Productions. , Producer
British Broadcasting Corporation. , Distributor, Producer
Films for the Humanities & Sciences (Firm) , Distributor
John G. Hartman Memorial Library Fund.
- Publisher Number:
- 43372 Films for the Humanities & Sciences
FFH 43372 Films for the Humanities & Sciences
43372-K Films for the Humanities & Sciences
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|