Tribal wives. Tanzania [videorecording] / Diverse Bristol, Goldhawk Media for BBC ; filmed and directed by Cassie Farrell.
- Other Title:
Title on disc surface: Tribal wives [videorecording] : challenging western views of polygamy and female circumcision
Challenging western views of polygamy and female circumcision [videorecording]
- [Widescreen presentation].
- New York, NY : Films for the Humanities & Sciences ; [London] : BBC, c2010.
1 videodisc (59 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Maasai (African people) -- Tanzania -- Social life and customs.
Women, Maasai -- Tanzania -- Social conditions.
Women, Maasai -- Tanzania -- Social life and customs.
- Documentary television programs.
Ethnographic television programs.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English and Masai with subtitles in English.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, all regions.
- Dionne, a single schoolteacher living in London travels to Tanzania to live with and learn from a Maasai family for a month. This program documents her transformative journey and the challenges it entails as she grapples with subjects like polygamy, female circumcision and the powerlessness of women in the Maasai society while refraining from imposing Western values upon her guests.
- Narrator, Paul McGann.
- Editor, Toby Farrell; music, Paul Pritchard, the Dub Lounge; researcher, Catherine Phillips; translators, Joyce Syokino ... [et al.].
- Videodisc release of the documentary television program originally broadcast in 2007.
Aspect ratio 16:9.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the John G. Hartman Memorial Library Fund.
- Farrell, Cassie. , Director, Cinematographer
McGann, Paul. , Narrator
Phillips, Catherine. , Researcher
Pritchard, Paul. , Composer
Diverse Bristol, Ltd. , Producer
Goldhawk Productions. , Producer
British Broadcasting Corporation. , Producer, Distributor
Films for the Humanities & Sciences (Firm) , Distributor
John G. Hartman Memorial Library Fund.
- Publisher Number:
- 43354 Films for the Humanities & Sciences
FFH 43354 Films for the Humanities & Sciences
43354-K Films for the Humanities & Sciences
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|