On the topological classification of toric varieties [electronic resource].
- Local subjects:
Penn dissertations -- Mathematics.
Mathematics -- Penn dissertations.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Given two finite fans in isomorphic lattices, there is an algorithm for telling when the associated toric varieties are equivariantly homeomorphic. We study methods for telling when two fans give rise to homeomorphic toric varieties. We apply the techniques of bundle theory to obtain homeomorphisms between toric varieties that are bundles over a given toric variety with fibre Pk . We then use surgery theory to develop a technique for telling when homeomorphisms between toric varieties can be blown-up.
- Thesis (Ph.D. in Mathematics) -- University of Pennsylvania, 2001.
Source: Dissertation Abstracts International, Volume: 62-05, Section: B, page: 2346.
Supervisor: Julius L. Shaneson.
- Local notes:
- School code: 0175.
- Shaneson, Julius L., advisor
University of Pennsylvania.
- Contained In:
- Dissertation Abstracts International 62-05B.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|