Hunain Ibn Ishaq's "Questions on medicine for students" : transcription and translation of the oldest extant Syriac version (Vat. Syr. 192) / by E. Jan Wilson and Samuel Dinkha.
- Standardized Title:
- Masāʼil fī al-ṭibb lil-mutaʻallimīn. English & Syriac
- Other Title:
- Questions on medicine for students
- Città del Vaticano : Biblioteca apostolica vaticana, 2010.
- Studi e testi (Biblioteca apostolica vaticana); 459.
Studi e testi ; 459
xxiii, 615 p. : facsims. ; 26 cm.
- Medicine, Arab.
Manuscripts, Syriac -- Facsimiles.
Ḥunayn ibn Isḥāq al-ʻIbādī, 809?-873.
Biblioteca apostolica vaticana. -- Manuscript -- Vat. Sir. 192.
- The text is presented through facsimile reproductions of the manuscript pages, on which the Syriac and Arabic versions are written in parallel columns; the facing pages give a transcription of the Syriac text accompanied by an English translation. Introduction in English.
- According to Wilson and Dinkha, this work was originally written in Syriac, and the larger portion was written by Hunain's nephew, Hubaish ibn al-Hasan al-Aʻsam.
Includes bibliographical references (p. xxii-xxiii) and index.
- Wilson, E. Jan.
Aʻsam, Ḥubaysh ibn al-Ḥasan, active 9th century.
Biblioteca apostolica vaticana.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|