Call for grace [videorecording] / a film by Laetitia Merli ; University of Manchester Media Centre ; Granada Centre, University of Manchester.
- London : distributed by Royal Anthropological Institute ; Manchester : University of Manchester, 2000.
- Student films (Granada Centre for Visual Anthropology)
- Government document
1 videodisc (31 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Shamans -- Mongolia.
Shamanism -- Mongolia.
- Documentary films.
- In Mongolian with subtitles in English; one song is in Tuvinian with subtitles in English.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, all regions.
- "During Mongolia's seventy years of domination by the Soviet Union, shamanism, like many aspects of Mongolian tradition, was forbidden by the Communist authorities, and went into decline. Since the early 1990s, however, it has been undergoing a revival, ea[g]er to regain its place in Mongolian cultural identity. This film explores the life of the shaman-master Tomor, at his centre in Ulaan Baatar."--Container.
- Videodisc release of the documentary motion picture produced in 2000.
- Merli, Laetitia. , Director
University of Manchester. Media Centre. , Distributor, Producer
Granada Centre for Visual Anthropology. , Producer
Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland. , Distributor
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|