The post-Soviet Russian media : conflicting signals / edited by Birgit Beumers, Stephen Hutchings and Natalia Rulyova.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2009.
- BASEES/Routledge series on Russian and East European studies; 53.
BASEES/Routledge series on Russian and East European studies
xv, 245 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Mass media -- Political aspects -- Russia (Federation).
Mass media and culture -- Russia (Federation).
Russia (Federation) -- Politics and government -- 1991-.
Russia (Federation) -- Social conditions -- 1991-.
- Local subjects:
- Mass media -- Russia (Federation). (search)
Mass media policy -- Russia (Federation). (search)
- Presenting original research from a number of well-known international specialists, this book is a detailed investigation of the development of mass media in Russia since the end of Communism and the collapse of the Soviet Union.
- Part 1: Media, politics and state
Free to get rich and fool around / Ivan Zassoursky
Where did it all go wrong? Russian television in the Putin era / John A. Dunn
Shifting media and the failure of political communication in Russia / Samuel A. Greene
The end of independent television? Elite conflict and the reconstruction of the Russian television landscape / Tina Burrett
Part 2: The language of the media
Putin and the tradition of the interview in Russian discourse / Anna Maslennikova
What's in a foreign word? Negotiating linguistic culture on Russian radio programmes about language / Lara Ryazanova-Clarke
Part 3: The media and memory
The conundrum of memory : young people and their recollections of Soviet television / Ellen Mickiewicz
Commemorating the past/performing the present : television coverage of the Second World War victory celebrations and the (de)construction of Russian nationhood / Stephen Hutchings and Natalia Rulyova
Part 4: Culture, state and empire in television serials
The serialisation of culture, or the culture of serialisation / Birgit Beumers
The state face : the empire's televisual imagination / Nancy Condee
Part 5: New media, censorship and identity
New media, new Russians, new abroad : the evolution of minority Russian identity in cyberspace / Robert A. Saunders
Russia's Internet media policies : open space and ideological closure / Vlad Strukov.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -240) and index.
- Beumers, Birgit.
Hutchings, Stephen C.
- 9780415419017 (hardback : alk. paper)
0415419018 (hardback : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|