Oral controlled release formulation design and drug delivery : theory to practice / edited by Hong Wen, Kinam Park.
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2010.
x, 363 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Drugs -- Controlled release.
- Medical subjects:
- Delayed-Action Preparations.
- "This book describes the theories, applications, and challenges for different oral controlled release formulations. This book differs from most in its focus on oral controlled release formulation design and process development. It also covers the related areas like preformulation, biopharmaceutics, in vitro-in vivo correlations (IVIVC), quality by design (QbD), and regulatory issues"--Provided by publisher.
- (Publisher-supplied data) Chapter 1: Introduction and Overview of Oral Controlled Release Formulation Design / Hong Wen and Kinam Park
Chapter 2: Evolution of Oral Controlled Release Dosage Forms / Ping I. Lee and Jian-Xin Li
Chapter 3: Biopharmaceutic Consideration and Assessment for Oral Controlled Release (CR) Formulations / Hua Zhang and Jean M. Surian
Chapter 4: Preformulation Consideration for Drugs in Oral CR Formulation / M. Sherry Ku
Chapter 5: Polymers used in Oral Modified Release Systems / Jiasheng Tu, Ravichandran Mahalingam, Yan Shen, Bhaskara Jasti, and Xiaoling Li
Chapter 6: Oral Extended Release Hydrophilic Matrices: Formulation and Design / Xiaoguang Wen, Ali Nokhodchi, and Ali Rajabi-Siahboomi
Chapter 7: Coating Systems for Oral Controlled-Release Formulations / Linda A. Felton
Chapter 8: Fluid Bed Coating and Granulation for CR Delivery / Yue Teng and Zhihui Qiu
Chapter 9: Controlled Release using Bilayer Osmotic Tablet Technology: Reducing Theory to Practice / Sheri L Shamblin
Chapter 10: Fast Disintegrating Tablets / Seong Hoon Jeong, Jaehwi Lee, and Jong Soo Woo
Chapter 11: Buccal Drug Delivery Systems / John D Smart and Gemma Keegan
Chapter 12: Oral Targeted Drug Delivery Systems: Gastric Retention Devices / Hamid Omidian and Kinam Park
Chapter 13: Oral Targeted Drug Delivery Systems: Enteric Coating / Wendy Dulin
Chapter 14: Orally administered drug delivery systems to the colon / Mirela Nadler Milabuer, Joseph Kam and Abraham Rubinstein
Chapter 15: Dissolution Testing: In vitro Characterization of Oral Controlled Release Dosage Forms / Michele (Xuemei) Guo
Chapter 16: Challenges and New Technologies of Oral Controlled Release / Xiaoming Chen, Hong Wen and Kinam Park
Chapter 17: Oral Controlled Drug Delivery: Quality By Design approach to Drug Development / Shailesh Singh, T.G. Venkateshwaran, Arwinder Nagi, and Steve Simmons
Chapter 18: Oral Controlled Release-Based Products for Lifecycle Management / Nipun Davar and Sangita Ghosh
Chapter 19: Generic Oral Controlled Release Product Development ? Formulation and Process Considerations / Salah U. Ahmed and Venkatesh Naini
Chapter 20: The Science and Regulatory Perspectives of Emerging Controlled Release Dosage Forms / Rakhi B. Shah and Mansoor A. Khan.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Wen, Hong, 1967-
- 9780470253175 (cloth)
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|