Ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia : a practical approach to peripheral nerve blocks and perineural catheters / Fernando L. Arbona, Babak Khabiri, John A. Norton.
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- Cambridge medicine.
xi, 194 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
- Conduction anesthesia.
- Medical subjects:
- Nerve Block -- methods.
Anesthesia, Local -- methods.
Catheterization, Peripheral -- methods.
Peripheral Nerves -- ultrasonography.
Ultrasonography, Interventional -- methods.
- "Regional anesthesia is a fast-growing field, fuelled by the application of ultrasound technology over the last decade. This book is a technique-oriented guide, which introduces the use of ultrasound technology with practical instruction in the placement of peripheral nerve blocks and continuous perineural catheters. Each procedure is summarized for quick, easy reference, and supplemented by ultrasound images, color photos, and detailed illustrations. Helpful hints and instructions are provided to further optimize block success. Chapters are organized into four sections, focusing on introductory concepts, upper extremity peripheral nerve blocks, lower extremity peripheral nerve blocks and continuous perineural catheters. Written by instructors from a major academic medical center who work in a fast-paced ambulatory setting, this is a key text for residents, fellows and staff physicians who wish to incorporate the use of ultrasound into the scope of their anesthetic practice"--Provided by publisher.
- Section 1. Introduction: 1. Pharmacology: local anesthetics and additives
2. Introduction to ultrasound
3. Application of ultrasound in regional anesthesia
Section 2. Upper extremity peripheral nerve blocks: 4. Upper extremity anatomy for regional anesthesia
5. Interscalene brachial plexus block
6. Supraclavicular brachial plexus block
7. Infraclavicular brachial plexus block
8. Axillary peripheral nerve blocks
9. Additional upper extremity peripheral nerve blocks
Section 3. Lower extremity peripheral nerve blocks: 10. Lower extremity anatomy for regional anesthesia
11. Sciatic nerve block: proximal approaches
12. Sciatic nerve block: lateral popliteal fossa/distal thigh approach
13. Femoral peripheral nerve block
14. Ultrasound-assisted ankle block
Section 4. Peripheral perineural catheters: 15. Introduction to continuous perineural catheters
16. Interscalene continuous perineural catheter
17. Supraclavicular continuous perineural catheter
18. Infraclavicular continuous perineural catheter
19. Sciatic continuous perineural catheters: proximal and lateral popliteal fossa
20. Femoral continuous perineural catheter
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Khabiri, Babak.
Norton, John A., 1971-
- 9780521515788 (hardback)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|