Israel [videorecording] : birth of a nation / History Channel.
- Other Title:
- Israel : birth of a nation [videorecording]
- [S.I. : s.n., 20--].
1 videodisc (ca. 100 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Arab-Israeli conflict.
Israel -- History -- 1948-1967.
- Documentary television programs.
Historical television programs.
- System Details:
- Sir Martin Gilbert, author of over sixty books and the host of A & E's JERUSALEM, hosts this gripping account of Israel's difficult first years. Filled with rare footage, photographs, and interviews with participants in the War of Independence, this is the definitive document of one of the turning points in modern history. Extraordinary footage filmed by Bernard Beecham, a British soldier, shows the reality of life in the fledgling nation, when all efforts were devoted toward winning the war.
- Sir Martin Gilbert, host.
- Previously released: New York : A & E Television Network, 1996.
- Local notes:
- Presented to the Penn Libraries by Harvey Sheldon.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sheldon, Harvey (donor)
- Gilbert, Martin, 1936- , Host
History Channel (Television network) , Producer
Harvey Sheldon Jewish American Music Video Research Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|