Intelligent Data Engineering and Automated Learning -- IDEAL 2010 [electronic resource] : 11th International Conference, Paisley, UK, September 1-3, 2010, Proceedings / edited by Colin Fyfe, Peter Tino, Darryl Charles, Cesar Garcia Osorio, Hujun Yin.
- 1st ed. 2010.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2010.
- Computer Science (Springer-11645)
LNCS sublibrary. Information systems and applications, incl. Internet/Web, and HCI SL 3, 6283
Information Systems and Applications, incl. Internet/Web, and HCI ; 6283
1 online resource (XVI, 398 pages) : 134 illustrations
- Artificial intelligence.
Information storage and retrieval.
- Local subjects:
- Artificial Intelligence.
Information Systems Applications (incl. Internet).
Information Storage and Retrieval.
Computation by Abstract Devices.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- The IDEAL conference has become a unique, established and broad interdisciplinary forum for experts, researchers and practitioners in many fields to interact with each other and with leading academics and industries in the areas of machine learning, information processing, data mining, knowledge management, bio-informatics, neu- informatics, bio-inspired models, agents and distributed systems, and hybrid systems. This volume contains the papers presented at the 11th International Conference on Intelligent Data Engineering and Automated Learning (IDEAL 2010), which was held September 1-3, 2010 in the University of the West of Scotland, on its Paisley campus, 15 kilometres from the city of Glasgow, Scotland. All submissions were strictly pe- reviewed by the Programme Committee and only the papers judged with sufficient quality and novelty were accepted and included in the proceedings. The IDEAL conferences continue to evolve and this year's conference was no exc- tion. The conference papers cover a wide variety of topics which can be classified by technique, aim or application. The techniques include evolutionary algorithms, artificial neural networks, association rules, probabilistic modelling, agent modelling, particle swarm optimization and kernel methods. The aims include regression, classification, clustering and generic data mining. The applications include biological information processing, text processing, physical systems control, video analysis and time series analysis.
- Large Scale Instance Selection by Means of a Parallel Algorithm
Typed Linear Chain Conditional Random Fields and Their Application to Intrusion Detection
Generalized Derivative Based Kernelized Learning Vector Quantization
Cost Optimization of a Localized Irrigation System Using Genetic Algorithms
Dimension Reduction for Regression with Bottleneck Neural Networks
Analysing Satellite Image Time Series by Means of Pattern Mining
Sentences Generation by Frequent Parsing Patterns
Gallbladder Boundary Segmentation from Ultrasound Images Using Active Contour Model
On the Power of Topological Kernel in Microarray-Based Detection of Cancer
An Evolutionary Multi-objective Optimization of Market Structures Using PBIL
New Application of Graph Mining to Video Analysis
Classification by Multiple Reducts-kNN with Confidence
Towards Automatic Classification of Wikipedia Content
Investigating the Behaviour of Radial Basis Function Networks in Regression and Classification of Geospatial Data
A Comparison of Three Voting Methods for Bagging with the MLEM2 Algorithm
Simplified Self-Adapting Skip Lists
Multi-Agent Architecture with Support to Quality of Service and Quality of Control
Robust 1-Norm Soft Margin Smooth Support Vector Machine
A Generalization of Independence in Naive Bayes Model
Interval Filter: A Locality-Aware Alternative to Bloom Filters for Hardware Membership Queries by Interval Classification
Histogram Distance for Similarity Search in Large Time Series Database
The Penalty Avoiding Rational Policy Making Algorithm in Continuous Action Spaces
Applying Clustering Techniques to Reduce Complexity in Automated Planning Domains
The M-OLAP Cube Selection Problem: A Hyper-polymorphic Algorithm Approach
Privacy Preserving Technique for Euclidean Distance Based Mining Algorithms Using a Wavelet Related Transform
Extracting Features from an Electrical Signal of a Non-Intrusive Load Monitoring System
Annotation and Retrieval of Cell Images
Adaptive Particle Swarm Optimizer for Feature Selection
A Randomized Sphere Cover Classifier
Directed Figure Codes with Weak Equality
Surrogate Model for Continuous and Discrete Genetic Optimization Based on RBF Networks
Relevance of Contextual Information in Compression-Based Text Clustering
Simple Deterministically Constructed Recurrent Neural Networks
Non-negative Matrix Factorization Implementation Using Graphic Processing Units
A Neighborhood-Based Clustering by Means of the Triangle Inequality
Selection of Structures with Grid Optimization, in Multiagent Data Warehouse
Approximating the Covariance Matrix of GMMs with Low-Rank Perturbations
Learning Negotiation Policies Using IB3 and Bayesian Networks
Trajectory Based Behavior Analysis for User Verification
Discovering Concept Mappings by Similarity Propagation among Substructures
Clustering and Visualizing SOM Results
A Hybrid Evolutionary Algorithm to Quadratic Three-Dimensional Assignment Problem with Local Search for Many-Core Graphics Processors
Evolution Strategies for Objective Functions with Locally Correlated Variables
Neural Data Analysis and Reduction Using Improved Framework of Information-Preserving EMD
Improving the Performance of the Truncated Fourier Series Least Squares (TFSLS)Power System Load Model Using an Artificial Neural Network Paradigm
An Efficient Approach to Clustering Real-Estate Listings
Incremental Update of Cyclic Association Rules.
- Fyfe, Colin. editor., Editor,
Tino, Peter, editor., Editor,
Charles, Darryl, editor., Editor,
García-Osorio, César, editor., Editor,
Yin, Hujun. editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-642-15381-5 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|