Jungle combat with the 112th Cavalry : three Texans in the Pacific in World War II / Robert Peyton Wiggins.
- Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland & Co., c2011.
v, 198 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- United States. Army. Cavalry Regiment, 112th -- History.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Regimental histories -- United States.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Jungle warfare.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area.
Wiggins, C. W., 1916-2002.
Wright, Alonzo, 1914-1991.
Wright, Robert Locke, 1922-2007.
Soldiers -- Texas -- Biography.
- "This narrative tracks the experiences of three veterans, providing an account of Troop G activities during the war years. The text follows the regiment from its time as mounted cavalry based in Fort Clark to New Caldonia, where the men gave up their horses to become infantymen in General Douglas MacArthur's conquest of New Guinea and the Philippines"--Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9780786461509 (softcover : alk. paper)
0786461500 (softcover : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|