Chicago [videorecording] / directed by Rob Marshall ; screenplay by Bill Condon ; produced by Martin Richards ; executive producers, Craig Zadan, Neil Meron, Sam Crothers, Bob Weinstein, Harvey Weinstein, Meryl Poster, Julie Goldstein, Jennifer Berman ; director of photography, Dion Beebe ; a Producer Circle Co. production ; a Zadan/Meron production ; a Miramax Films production.
- [S.I. : s.n., 20--].
1 videodisc (113 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Chicago (Ill.) -- Drama.
Criminals -- Drama.
Women murderers -- Drama.
Showgirls -- Drama.
- System Details:
- At a time when crimes of passion result in celebrity headlines, nightclub sensation Velma Kelly and spotlight-seeking Roxie Hart both find themselves on Chicago's famed Murderess Row. They also share Billy Flynn, the town's slickest lawyer with a talent for turning notorious defendants into local legends.
- Renée Zellweger, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Richard Gere, Queen Latifah, John C. Reily, Lucy Liu, Taye Diggs, Colm Feore, Christine Baranski, Dominic West, Mýa Harrison, Deidre Goodwin, Denise Faye, Ekaterina Chtchelkanova, Susan Misner.
- Music by John Kander ; lyrics by Fred Ebb ; production designer, John Myhre ; editor, Martin Walsh ; costume designer, Colleen Atwood ; choreographed by Rob Marshall ; co-producer, Don Carmody ; choreographic supervisor, John Deluca ; music supervised and conducted by Paul Bogaev ; original score music by Danny Elfman ; additional score adaptation and dance music arrangements by David Krane ; executive music producers, Ric Wake, Randy Spendlove.
- Based on the musical play Chicago, directed and choreographed for the stage by Bob Fosse; based on the musical play by Bob Fosse and Fred Ebb; based on the play by Maurine Dallas Watkins.
Special features: behind the scenes special (29 min.); deleted musical number 'Class' (4 min.); commentary by director Rob Marshall and screenwriter Bill Condon.
Academy Awards, 2003: Best Motion Picture of the Year (Marty Richards); Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role (Catherine Zeta-Jones); Best Achievement in Editing (Martin Walsh); Best Achievement in Costume Design (Colleen Atwood); Best Achievement in Art Direction (John Myhre, Gordon Sim); Best Achievement in Sound (Michael Minkler, Dominic Tavella, David Lee).
Golden Globes, 2003: Best motion Picture-Musical or Comedy; Best Performance by and Actor in a Motion Picture-Musica or Comedy (Richard Gere); Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture-Musical or Comedy (Renée Zellweger).
- Penn Provenance:
- Sheldon, Harvey (donor)
- Marshall, Rob. , Choreographer, Director
Richards, Martin. , Producer
Zadan, Craig. , Producer
Meron, Neil, ca. 1955- , Producer
Crothers, Sam. , Producer
Weinstein, Bob, 1954- , Producer
Weinstein, Harvey, 1952- , Producer
Poster, Meryl. , Producer
Goldstein, Julie. , Producer
Berman, Jennifer. , Producer
Carmody, Don. , Producer
Condon, Bill, 1955- , Screenwriter
Zellweger, Renée, 1969- , Actor
Zeta-Jones, Catherine, 1969- , Actor
Gere, Richard, 1949- , Actor
Queen Latifah, 1970- , Actor
Reilly, John C., 1965- , Actor
Liu, Lucy, 1968- , Actor
Diggs, Taye. , Actor
Feore, Colm. , Actor
Baranski, Christine. , Actor
West, Dominic, 1970- , Actor
Mya, 1978- , Actor
Goodwin, Deidre. , Actor
Faye, Denise. , Actor
Chtchelkanova, Ekaterina. , Actor
Misner, Susan, 1971- , Actor
Kander, John. , Composer
Beebe, Dion. , Cinematographer
Ebb, Fred. , Lyricist
Myhre, John. , Designer
Walsh, Martin. , Film editor
Atwood, Colleen. , Costume designer
DeLuca, John. , Choreographer
Bogaev, Paul, 1953- , Conductor
Elfman, Danny. , Composer
Krane, David. , Adapter, Arranger
Fosse, Bob, 1927-1987.
Producer Circle Company. , Producer
Zadan/Meron (Firm) , Producer
Miramax Films. , Producer
Harvey sheldon Jewish American Music Video Research Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|