Water technology [electronic resource] : an introduction for environmental scientists and engineers / N.F. Gray.
- Other records:
- London ; New York : IWA Pub. ; Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier/Butterworth-Heinemann, 2010.
1 online resource (xix, 747 p.) : ill.
- Aquatic organisms -- Control.
Water quality management.
- Electronic books.
- Water and wastewater engineering is one of the world's biggest and most interdisciplinary industries, employing chemists, microbiologists, botanists, zoologists as well as engineers, computer specialists and a range of different management professionals. This accessible student textbook provides a broad overview of the sector, introducing the reader to the key concepts of water technology by explaining the fundamentals of hydrobiology, aquatic ecosystems, water and supply and wastewater treatment. In 2000 the Water Framework Directive came into force - this is the most substantial piece of EC water legislation to date. Professor Gray uses the Water Framework Directive as the unifying theme of this new edition taking into account the implications of compliance and practice, as well as discussing the topical issue of sustainable principles in water management. . Covers water quality and regulation . Deals with water quality assessment, management and treatment . Includes a new chapter on sustainability within water technology.
- Basic considerations in hydrobiology
Water resources and demand
Factors determining the distribution of animals and plants in freshwaters
Basic aquatic ecosystems
Micro-organisms and pollution control
Water basin management
Water quality and regulation
Water quality assessment
Water treatment and distribution
Drinking water contamination
Pathogens and their removal
Nature of wastewater
Introduction to wastewater treatment
Biological aspects of secondary sewage treatment
Other biological treatment systems
Physio-chemical treatment processes
Sludge treatment and disposal
Household and small-scale treatment systems
Sustainability principles in water management.
- Previous ed.: Oxford: Elsevier Butterworth-Heinemann, 2005.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Saul & Frances Gorn Fund.
- Saul & Frances Gorn Fund.
- Other format:
- Print version: Gray, N.F. Water technology.
- 0080959644 (electronic bk.)
9780080959641 (electronic bk.)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|