The five pennies [videorecording] / Paramount Pictures presents a Dena production ; produced by Jack Rose ; directed by Melville Shavelson ; screenplay by Jack Rose and Melville Shavelson ; story by Robert Smith.
- [S.I.. : s.n., 20--].
1 videodisc (117 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Nichols, Red -- Drama.
Jazz musicians -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- System Details:
- Semi-biographical story of jazz coronet player Loring "Red" Nichols and his band, The five pennies.
- Danny Kaye, Barbara Bel Geddes, Louis Armstrong, Harry Guardino, Bob Crosby, Bobby Troup, Susan Gordon, Tuesday Weld, Ray Anthony, Shelly Manne, Ray Daley, Eileen Wilson.
- Music scored and conducted by Leith Stevens ; trumpet solos for Danny Kaye by Red Nichols ; choreography by Earl Barton ; words and music by Sylvia Fine ; associate to the producer, Sylvia Fine ; production assistant, Hal C. Kern ; director of photography, Daniel L. Fapp ; art direction, Hal Pereira and Tambi Larsen ; edited by Frank P. Keller ; sound recording by John Wilkinson and Charles Grenzbach.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 1959.
Suggested by the life of Loring "Red" Nichols.
- Local notes:
- Presented to the Penn Libraries by Harvey sheldon.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sheldon, Harvey (donor)
- Shavelson, Melville, 1917-2007. , Director, Screenwriter
Rose, Jack, 1911-1995 , Screenwriter, Producer
Smith, Robert. , Screenwriter
Kaye, Danny. , Actor
Bel Geddes, Barbara. , Actor
Armstrong, Louis, 1901-1971 , Performer
Stevens, Leith, 1909-1970. , Composer
Paramount Pictures Corporation. , Producer
Harvey Sheldon Jewish American Music Video Research Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|