Sir Thomas More / original text by Anthony Munday and Henry Chettle ; censored by Edmund Tilney ; revisions co-ordinated by Hand C ; revised by Henry Chettle, Thomas Dekker, Thomas Heywood and William Shakespeare ; edited by John Jowett.
- London : Arden Shakespeare, 2011.
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. 1995. Works.
Arden Shakespeare. Third series
xx, 522 p. : ill. ; 20 cm.
- More, Thomas, Saint, 1478-1535 -- Drama.
Christian saints -- England -- Drama.
Great Britain -- History -- Henry VIII, 1509-1547 -- Drama.
- An Elizabethan play by Anthony Munday and others that depicts the life of Thomas More. It survives only in a single manuscript, now owned by the British Library. Its main claim to fame is that three pages of it may have been written by William Shakespeare's hand, but the manuscript is also important for what it reveals about censorship of Elizabethan drama.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Horace Howard Furness Memorial Fund.
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616.
Chettle, Henry, d. 1607?
Horace Howard Furness Memorial Fund.
- 9781904271475 (hbk.)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|