Understanding August Wilson / Mary Bogumil.
- Rev. ed.
- Columbia : University of South Carolina Press, c2011.
- Understanding contemporary American literature
Understanding contemporary American literature
vi, 221 p. ; 21 cm.
- Wilson, August -- Criticism and interpretation.
African Americans in literature.
- Understanding August Wilson as an African American playwright
Ma Rainey's black bottom: the commodification of cultural experience
Fences: posthumous justice
Joe Turner's come and gone: community resiliency through ritual
The piano lesson: a chorus of expectant voices
Two trains running: everyday scholars and philosophers in a community at the crossroads
Seven guitars: rolling the devil's dice
King Hedley II: community, redemption, and continuity
Jitney: playing by the rules?
Gem of the ocean: community, the individual and values, and the postcolonial legacy
Radio golf: the legacy of Aunt Ester's children.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9781570039799 (pbk : alk. paper)
1570039798 (pbk : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|