Waste land [videorecording] / [a film by Lucy Walker, João Walker, Karen Harley] ; an Almega Projects and 02 Filmes production ; directed by Lucy Walker ; co-directed by João Jardim, Karen Harley ; produced by Angus Aynsley [and] Hank Levine.
- Other Title:
- Wasteland [videorecording]
- [New York] : Art House Films : Distributed in the U.S. by New Video, c2011.
- Arthouse films (Series) ; 019.
Arthouse films ; 019
1 videodisc (ca. 99 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Muniz, Vik.
Ragpickers -- Brazil -- Rio de Janeiro.
Sanitary landfills -- Brazil -- Rio de Janeiro.
Found objects (Art)
Art, Modern -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.
Group work in art.
- Documentary films.
- English and Portuguese with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD; Dolby Digital 5.1; Dolby Digital stereo.
- Top-selling contemporary artist Vik Muniz takes viewers on an emotional journey to the world's largest landfill of the day, Jardim Gramacho. Here the catadores, who number in the thousands, work under the hot sun collecting recyclable materials such as bottles, plastic, and metal to be sold to wholesalers. Muniz invites the catadores to add refuse to his art, photographing the work from overhead. The finished artwork will then be on display in museums and auctions around the world.
- Vik Muniz, Fabio Ghivelder, Isis Rodrigues Garros, José Carlos da Silva Baia Lopes (Zumbi), Sebastião Carlos dos Santos (Tião), Valter dos Santos, Ledie Laurentina da Silva (Irmã), Magna de França Santos, Suelem Pereira Dias.
- Cinematography, Dudu Miranda ; editing, Pedro Kos ; music, Moby.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 2009.
Special features: Extended bonus footage; "Beyond Gramacho"; "An untold story."
Sundance Film Festival, Audience Award, Best World Cinema Documentary; Berlin International Film Festival, Amnesty International Film Award; Full Frame Documentary Film Festival, Audience Award, Best Documentary; IDA Awards, Best Documentary; Academy Awards, Nomination for Best Documentary Feature.
- Walker, Lucy. , Director
Jardim, João. , Director
Harley, Karen. , Director
Levine, Hank, 1965- , Producer
Aynsley, Angus. , Producer
Muniz, Vik. , Interviewee
Moby. , Composer
Almega Projects (Firm) , Producer
02 Filmes (Firm) , Producer
Arthouse Films. , Producer
New Video Group. , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
NNVG239301 New Video Group
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|