The real, the true, and the told : postmodern historical narrative and the ethics of representation / Eric L. Berlatsky.
- Columbus : Ohio State University Press, c2011.
- Theory and interpretation of narrative series.
Theory and interpretation of narrative series
xi, 250 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Historical fiction -- History and criticism.
History -- Philosophy.
Woolf, Virginia, 1882-1941 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Swift, Graham, 1949- -- Criticism and interpretation.
Rushdie, Salman -- Criticism and interpretation.
Spiegelman, Art -- Criticism and interpretation.
- "Memory as forgetting": historical reference, ethics, and postmodernist fiction
The pageantry of the past and the reflection of the present: history, reality, and feminism in Virginia Woolf's Between the acts
"A knife blade called now": historiography, narrativity, and the "here and now" in Graham Swift's Waterland
"What's real and what's true": metaphors, errata, and the shadow of the real in Salman Rushdie's Midnight's children
"It's enough stories": truth and experience in Art Spiegelman's Maus
Expanding the field.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9780814211533 (cloth : alk. paper)
0814211534 (cloth : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|