Niccolò di Giovanni Machiavelli receipt, 1531.
1 item (1 leaf) : paper ; 330 x 228 mm.
- Soderini, Giovanni di Luigi.
Textile industry -- Italy -- Early works to 1800.
- Receipts (financial records)
Manuscripts, Italian -- 16th century.
- In Italian.
- Record of receipt of cloth from Giovanni di Luigi Soderini, signed by Niccolò di Giovanni Machiavelli and dated 28 December 1531 in Florence, with later attestations by Florentine merchants Alfonso Pitti and Nicolo Spinelli, dated 12 and 13 December 1532. Written in three cancellaresca hands.
- Local notes:
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sold by Antica libreria antiquaria Luigi Gonnelli & figli (Florence), July 1998.
Gift of Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2011.
- Cited as:
- UPenn LJS 271
- Pitti, Alfonso.
Spinelli, Nicolo, 16th cent.
Schoenberg, Lawrence J., former owner.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|