Haunting legacy : Vietnam and the American presidency from Ford to Obama / Marvin Kalb and Deborah Kalb.
- Washington, D.C. : Brookings Institution Press, c2011.
xi, 355 p. ; 25 cm.
- Presidents -- United States -- Decision making -- History -- 20th century.
Presidents -- United States -- Decision making -- History -- 21st century.
Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Influence.
United States -- Military policy.
United States -- Foreign relations -- 1945-1989.
United States -- Foreign relations -- 1989-
United States -- Politics and government -- 1945-1989.
United States -- Politics and government -- 1989-
- "Examines how presidential decisionmaking has been influenced by America's defeat in the Vietnam war, studying presidents Ford, Carter, Reagan, George H. W. Bush, Clinton, George W. Bush, and Obama and how they have approached key decisions regarding conflicts while in office"--Provided by publisher.
- Ford : finally, the war ends
Ford and the mini-challenge of the Mayaguez
Carter, Brzezinski, and Russia's Vietnam
Reagan, Grenada, Lebanon, and the marines
Bush I : burying Vietnam
Clinton : the first baby-boomer president
Bush II : boots on the ground
2004 : the Swift boat Campaign
Obama : "Afghanistan is not Vietnam"
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Kalb, Deborah.
- 9780815721314 (cloth : alk. paper)
0815721315 (cloth : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|