Science fiction and computing : essays on interlinked domains / edited by David L. Ferro and Eric G. Swedin.
- Jefferson, NC : McFarland & Co., c2011.
x, 317 p. : ill., photographs ; 23 cm.
- Science fiction -- History and criticism.
Computers in literature.
Computer science -- History.
- "Given the decline in students entering scientific, engineering and mathematical disciplines in the United States, this is a particularly important question within computer science. The 18 chapters in this work explore the importance of science fiction as a body of literature that has, through various means, facilitated the invention and use of computers, and continues to do so" --Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Ferro, David L.
Swedin, Eric Gottfrid.
- 9780786445653 (softcover : alk. paper)
0786445653 (softcover : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|