Rariora : being notes of some of the printed books, manuscripts, historical documents, medals, engravings, pottery, etc., collected (1858-1900) / by John Eliot Hodgkin, F.S.A. Vol. I[ -III].
- Other records:
- London : S. Low, Marston & Co., 
3 v. : illus., plates, port., facsim. (part col., part fold.) ; 29 x 23 cm.
- Collectors and collecting.
Incunabula -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.
Printing -- History -- Origin and antecedents.
Fireworks -- Bibliography.
Broadsides -- Bibliography.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- v. 1. Sibi et amicis. A word on the threshold. Classification of the collection. A note of the collection. Index to note.
v. 2. Preface to incunabula. The dawn of typography. The invention. Wooden types. The evolution of the type-mould. Incunabula in the collection. Palæo-typographia hollandica. XVth century proclamations. Watermarks. Bibliographical books. Index to incunabula.
v. 3. Preface to historical braodsides. English broadsides. Index to broadsides. Halinitropyrobolia. Books on fireworks. Fireworks displays. Index to firework books and displays. Lusus naturæ.
- Title within decorative border; headpieces, initials, floreated end-papers, numerous facsimiles of title-pages, autograph letters, etc., etc. "Printed by Bemrose and sons, limited, at their press in the parish of Saint Peter in the town of Derby M. CMII."
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Louis A. Duhring Fund.
- Penn Provenance:
- John Crerar Library Chicago (bookplate)
- Penn Chronology:
- Louis A. Duhring Fund.
- Other format:
- Online version: Hodgkin, John Eliot. Rariora.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|