A dictionary of scientists [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Abridged and updated ed.
- [Oxford] : Oxford University Press, 1999.
1 online resource.
- Scientists -- Biography -- Dictionaries.
- Electronic books.
- From Archimedes and Copernicus to Stephen Hawking and Stephen Jay Gould, this is the most authoritative and up-to-date biographical dictionary of scientists currently available. Spanning over 2,500 years, it covers all areas of science, from physics and astronomy to medicine and ecology, including key figures in the fields of mathematics and technology. Offering clear explanations of the science itself as well as its historical significance, the dictionary includes coverage of all Nobel Laureates in physics, chemistry, physiology, and medicine.
- "General editors: John Daintith, Derek Gjertsen"--Acknowledgements screen.
"Originally published 1993 by the Institute of Physics as the Encyclopedia of Scientists"--Title screen.
Title from title screen.
Description based on content as of: March 21, 2002.
- Daintith, John.
Oxford University Press.
- Other format:
- Print version: Dictionary of scientists.
- 0192800868 (print)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|