William Kentridge [videorecording] : anything is possible / art21 presents ; executive producer and director, Susan Sollins ; director, Charles Atlas.
- Other Title:
- Anything is possible [videorecording]
- [United States] : Art21 ; [Boston, MA] : PBS Distribution, c2010.
1 videodisc (ca. 60 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Kentridge, William, 1955- -- Interviews.
Artists -- South Africa -- Biography.
Opera -- Production and direction.
Gogolʹ, Nikolaĭ Vasilʹevich, 1809-1852. Nos.
Animated films -- South Africa.
Charcoal drawing -- South Africa.
Art, South African -- 21st century.
- Documentary television programs.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English with optional English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD; Region 1; NTSC; Stereo.
- " 'William Kentridge: anything is possible' provides a rare, in-depth look at the life and work of the internationally acclaimed South African artist, William Kentridge. Working in a variety of media - including sculpture, drawing, animation, tapestry, film, theater, and opera - Kentridge tackles a broad range of subjects, from cataclysmic historical events to poignant personal moments. [The film] features exclusive interviews with Kentridge discussing his family's history and life under apartheid, and revealing the importance of improvisation, inquiry, and open-ended possibilities in his process. Follow Kentridge on an international journey that documents his work behind the scenes: from the intimacy of his Johannesburg studio, to galleries worldwide, to backstage at New York's Metropolitan Opera as he develops, stages, and directs Shostakovich's The Nose, based on Gogol's story"--Container.
- Editors, Mark Sutton, Mary Ann Toman ; directors of photography, Bob Elfstrom, Joel Shapiro.
- DVD release of the 2010 television broadcast.
- Atlas, Charles. , Director
Sollins, Susan. , Producer
Kentridge, William, 1955- , Associated name
Art 21, Inc. , Producer
PBS Distribution (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|